Butt implants interventions are a response to those who wish to display a curvy body or simply want to increase the volume of your “derriere”. Although the basic operation technique is very similar to breast implants, prostheses or implants used in buttock augmentation or buttocks implants are different… The reason is simple! Gluteal prostheses must withstand the weight of the person when sitting and pressure when walking or exercising, so the silicone gel implants contain high density and cohesiveness, can not use the saline filler.
What is Buttock Augmentation (Brazilian Butt Lift)?
Buttock Augmentation is a surgical procedure performed to increase the size and shape of the buttocks. Buttock implants are made from a soft, solid silicone and are available in various shapes and sizes to accommodate the individual patient’s build. Buttock Augmentation, or a Brazilian butt lift, in Turkey can be combined with other body contouring procedures, such as a thigh lift, liposuction, or fat grafting, for optimal results.
Butt Augmentation Candidates
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider buttock augmentation:
- Your buttocks are too small for your body frame and you want a more balanced look.
- Weight loss or the aging process has left your buttocks loose, sagging, or flat.
- Clothes or swimwear are baggy or do not fit properly on your figure.
- The shape or size of your buttocks makes you feel self-conscious and you desire more curves.
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
How is a Buttock Augmentation in Turkey performed?
The two most popular methods for buttock augmentation are autologous fat transfer (using your own natural fatty tissue), also called the Brazilian butt lift, and gluteal implant surgery with or without fat transfer for additional contouring.
Autologous fat transfer
This procedure takes fat from one area of your body and uses it to enhance and reshape your buttocks.
- Liposuction with suction tubes (cannulas) is used to remove fatty tissue from areas of your body with excess tissue, such as the abdomen, hips, back, or thighs.
- The fat is then processed for fat transfer.
- The fat is reinjected using syringes connected to cannulas.
- Usually three small incisions are needed for injecting the fat, but these incision sites are easily hidden by clothing.
- The fat is grafted in layers at multiple levels, with the cannula moving back and forth to ensure that a smooth, linear deposit of fatty tissue is left to reshape and augment the buttocks area.
- The liposuction incisions are closed with sutures.
- Drains are inserted and a compression garment is worn following surgery.
Implants are most appropriate for treating flat or poorly defined buttocks, particularly for patients who have limited fatty tissue. They are not as effective for treating sagging buttocks that may occur after significant weight loss.
- With this procedure a soft, shaped silicone implant is placed through an incision hidden inside the natural buttock crease, or an alternate incision site may be used. Your plastic surgeon will provide further details about these incision locations during the consultation.
- The implant is positioned in a pocket below the large buttock (gluteal) muscle and above the pelvic bone.
- The incisions are closed with sutures, drains are inserted, and a compression garment is worn following surgery.
How do I prepare for a buttock augmentation procedure?
- Your surgeon will provide you with preoperative instructions, answer any questions you may have, take a detailed medical history, and perform a physical exam to determine your fitness for surgery.In advance of your procedure, your surgeon will ask you to:
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before undergoing surgery to promote better healing.
- Avoid taking aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs, and some herbal medications that can cause increased bleeding.
- Regardless of the type of surgery to be performed, hydration is very important before and after surgery for safe recovery.
What can I expect on the day of my procedure?
- Your buttock augmentation surgery may be performed in an accredited hospital, a free-standing ambulatory facility, or an office-based surgical suite. Most buttock augmentation procedures take at least two to three hours to complete but may take longer.
- Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure.
- General anesthesia is commonly used during your buttock augmentation procedure, although local anesthesia or intravenous sedation may be desirable in some instances.
- For your safety during the surgery, various monitors will be used to check your heart, blood pressure, pulse, and the amount of oxygen circulating in your blood.
- Your surgeon will follow the surgical plan discussed with you before surgery.
- After your procedure is completed, you will be taken into a recovery area, where you will continue to be closely monitored. You will have drains in place. After fat transfer, you will have a compression garment over the liposuction areas and over your buttocks. After implant surgery, you will be placed in a surgical dressing that includes a support or compression garment over your buttocks.
- You will probably be permitted to go home after a short observation period unless you and your plastic surgeon have made other plans for your immediate postoperative recovery.
Advantages of this procedure over buttock implants include:
- A more natural appearance as the newly sculpted buttocks use fat from your own body.
- Smaller incision area, with less scarring.
- Shorter healing time.
- No chance of implant problems.
- Additional body sculpting due to liposuction from areas with excessive fat.
- Return to light activities and work 5-7 days following the procedure.
- Limited sitting for 2 weeks. Short car rides and using the toilet are ok.
- You will be placed in a special compression garment to control the swelling and protect the buttock fat grafts
What to expect during the recovery period after a Brazilian butt lift:
- Discomfort, bruising and swelling are normal and can be controlled with medication.
- Limited sitting for 2 weeks after surgery. Short car rides and using the toilet are ok.
- Tape will be placed across your buttocks to help support the incision, and is worn for 2 weeks.
- Return to light activities and work 10-14 days after surgery, with very limited lifting, bending, and no sitting.
- Resume full activities 4-6 weeks after surgery.